|Or these dudes that hang out on pasta. Pasta that would be super dangerous for this size person since it would be like a freefall down the tube of death. I will now always think of Penne Pasta as the Pasta of Death!|
However, the world has other plans for me right now. I have noticed a pattern emerging as 2016 stumbled into 2017. It's called "Quit Looking at the Mountain and Just Lace Up Your Shoes". QLMJLUY. No, that doesn't work. "Future uncertain? Captains keep manufacturing evolution." Uh......Right. I just wanted the acronym FUCKME because that's what this lesson feels like. Tiny steps. Tiny progress. And by tiny, I mean so small you can't see it, feel it, taste it. You don't feel like you're doing much of anything. Which doesn't give me any of those wonderful feelings of accomplishment. Where's my dopamine? WHERE'S MY GODDAMN DOPAMINE?????!!!!
|I was trying to find pictures of mountains and came across this. I just put this in here because holy fuck, these are Chinese tourists and they do this for fun. They call this a hiking trail! No...No,no,no,no.|
1. Pick your big thing. Let's use 'I want to get in shape' because pretty much most people I know always have this goal.
2. Break it down into a smaller list. What would it take to get in to shape? It might look like this.
- Eat Healthier
- Work Out
- Get More Sleep
3. Pick ONE of these things to starts with (though you can break them ALL down into tiny goals eventually, but for the sake of not making you read three thousand pages we're gonna go with one) and break it down. Let's take Work Out and break it down into what "Work Out" would look like in smaller chunks.
- Take an exercise class.
- Walk more often.
4. Break those two down. We'll go with "Walk More Often".
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Take a daily walk.
- Find a friend to walk with.
5. Hey, guess what? Yep. Break it down again. We're going to break down "Take a daily walk"
- Pick a time.
- Figure out clothing.
- Check the weather.
- Put the walk time ON YOUR CALENDAR WITH A REMINDER.
I know these seems like over doing it and maybe it's not a thing for you, but if you're like me you HATE being the wrong temperature and it's way too easy to look out the window and go "Oh, it's raining and I don't have a raincoat." or "It's freezing and I'm wearing the wrong pants." I'm telling you, break this shit DOWN. You put in on the calendar to hold your lazy ass accountable. You check the weather so you have a vague idea of what you might need. You make sure you HAVE shoes you can walk in. Don't have the right shoes? BREAK IT DOWN.
|I will fucking walk EVERY DAY goddammit!|
I'll be right there with you, channeling my inner sloth who seems to be doing nothing but is making slow but steady progress towards goals that are so big they scare the living bejeesus out of me.